Guys! We’re almost done with 2016. In a matter of months, my daughter will be a high school graduate. I just can’t even deal right now.
What I Did
1. Lady Saxons Kick Off Potluck: Basketball season is under way and November kicked it all off. Every year, our North High Lady Saxons basketball program kicks their basketball season with a team potluck where the official rosters for all levels of basketball are introduced, meeting and greeting the newbies and being social with the oldies takes place and this year, between Brenna and Cheridan, we brought like 20 people with us. It was a good time and I’m excited for our season.
2. Lady Seahawks Kick Off Luau: Makenna’s annual fundraising luau was on the same day as our Lady Saxons Kick Off Potluck so our day started at Redondo. Makenna’s a senior this year so she did the senior siva Samoa and she did a great job. I wasn’t even mad that I had to make up a dance for her to do in less than a week. We pulled it out and she did great.
3. I turned 36: November 13th was my birthday and I turned 36. My bestie made me dinner and we hung out, laughed it up with my girls Bren and Ken. It was a low key event and I was glad. I’m a homebody so low key is how I roll. It was a good birthday so yay for another year!
4. Weendizzle turned 1: November was also my blog anniversary. I started this blog last year and have kept it up for the most part of a year. It’s grown and went through some face lifts but I’m happy with what I’m doing here (it’s more personal than anything else I’m doing right now) and I plan to keep it up in the new year.
What I Watched
Moana: My review for Moana is here and I really enjoyed it. From beginning to end, it was cute!
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life: I’ve been looking forward to this ever since I found out we were getting it and while I enjoyed it as a whole, I was disappointed too. I’ll be writing up a review of it that will go up next week so be on the look out for that. 🙂
Teen Wolf: It’s the last season for my favorite TV werewolves and supernatural friends and they’re really packing a punch with everything going on. I’m probably loving the hell out of everything because my ship is finally sailing loud and proud!! I have been in Stydia heaven for three weeks now. Ha!
gif set credits
Started from the bottom, now we here. 🙂
This is me right now:
I’m Beyonce, of course. Ha! I’ve waited 6 seasons for Lydia Martin to stop messing around and get her man. Looks like it’s our turn. Yay!!
What I Listened To
Moana Soundtrack: I’ve been listening to this one mostly because of my 7 year old nephew Luke (who I’ve been spending a lot of time with lately) and Brenna. Luke came to work with me last week and wanted to listen to it for 3 hours and we did. He sang his bootleg version (wrong lyrics) of every song at the top of his lungs…AT MY OFFICE! He’s lucky everyone thought he was cute. Ha!
Bruno Mars’ 24K Magic Album: This album dropped a couple of weeks ago and I haven’t listened to much else since. I’m loving every song, the feel good vibe and just Bruno Mars in general. Luke has also been heard singing the following lyrics from Versace of the Floor, “Let’s just kiss til we’re naked, baby” Ummm…yikes. Ha!
What I Read
1. The Other Sister by Dianne Dixon | 2.5 out of 5
2. Love Irresistibly (Oxford #1) by Lauren Layne (re-read) | 4.5 out of 5
3. I Wish You Were Mine (Oxford #2) by Lauren Layne (re-read) | 4.5 out of 5
4. Fighting for Devlin (Lost Boys #1) by Jessica Lemmon | 4.25 out of 5
5. Shut Up and Kiss Me (Lost Boys #2) by Jessica Lemmon | 4 out of 5
6. Downed (Gridiron #3) by Jen Frederick | 4.75 out of 5
7. Idol (VIP #1) by Kristen Callihan | 3.5 out of 5
8. Managed (VIP #2) by Kristen Callihan | 4 out of 5
9. First Step Forward (Grand Valley #1) by Liora Blake | 4 out of 5
10. Size Matters by Alison Bliss | 3.5 out of 5
What I Reviewed
Keepsake by Sarina Bowen
Twisted Palace by Erin Watt (Buddy review with Ames)
Ruled by Elle Kennedy
The Goal by Elle Kennedy
Irresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne
I Wish You Were Mine by Lauren Layne
The Viscount and the Vixen by Lorraine Heath
One Snowy Night by Jill Shalvis
What I Got
What I Loved
Planner Stickers. The entire month of November was filled with me trying to find my happy place again with all things Happy Planner. Toward the end of the month, I started getting into the bullet journal videos. I am completely inspired for next year. Since I’m now much of an artist (I can’t draw a straight line with a ruler), I’m drawn to the sticker sets that are just too cute for words. I’ve browsed Etsy more in the last month than anything else, except probably YouTube and I’ve bought so many stickers and stickers sets that I’m going to starve since I’m spending all of my lunch money but I can’t help it. I love this crap.
There you have it, folks. The month that was November 2016 for me. How was your month? What are you watching, listening and loving these days?