April was a really bad month, blogging wise for me. I just couldn’t drum up any enthusiasm to write anything or read anything for that matter. I’m hopeful that May will be better.
What I Did
- Book Binge Turned 10! My book blog, Book Binge turned 10 last month and I’m still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that I’ve been blogging for 10 freaking years.
- I went to San Jose for Brenna’s last Ninja Tournament. Brenna is wrapping up all high school tournaments and April was for her last Asian League tournament ever. I’m not mad about that but I wasn’t supposed to go on this trip. It was a spur of the moment trip that I’m glad I took. It was a relaxing weekend of basketball and I enjoyed myself.
- Relay for Life. This year was the fifth year that my family participated in our local Relay for Life walk. We walk in remembrance of loved ones that have lost their lives to cancer and we walk in support of my nephew RJ who is a cancer survivor. It was another busy weekend but it was also a very fulfilling weekend. We walked for 24 hours and I walked a lot more this year than any other year and that made me happy.
- We met Baby Caiden. Chloe and Markus came down for the walk and to introduce their bundle of joy to the California family. I love this little boy so very much. He’s adorable.
- Jarred’s having a boy! My nephew Jarred and his girlfriend are having a baby boy! His little boy is going to be the cutest little hockey fan ever!
What I Watched on TV
The usual shows that I always watch. I didn’t pick up any new ones.
What Movies I Watched
I didn’t watch any movie in the entire month of April. At least none that I can remember. Yikes.
What I Listened To
For the Lovers Album by Tenelle. This album got a lot of play time in April. I think my kid is tired of hearing this album but it’s a great album. Great island music and I love it.
What I Read
April was an abysmal reading month for me. I just wasn’t in the mood to read anything so I really didn’t. Here’s what I did read though.
1. Corrupt by Penelope Douglas | DNF
2. Dreaming of You by Lisa Klelypas (re-read) | 4.25 out of 5
3. The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan | 4 out of 5
4. Moon Called by Patricia Briggs | 4.25 out of 5
5. An Affair with a Notorious Heiress by Lorraine Heath | 4 out of 5
What I Reviewed
Walk of Shame by Lauren Layne | 4.25 out of 5
Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven | 4 out of 5
Over the Edge by Suzanne Brockmann (Retro Review) | 4.75 out of 5
Midnight Target by Elle Kennedy | 4 out of 5
Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas (Joint review w/Holly) | 4.25 out of 5
The Thing about Love by Julie James | 4.25 out of 5
Cold Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas | 4 out of 5
Broken by Lauren Layne | 3.5 out of 5
Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas (Joint review w/Ames) | 4.25 out of 5
What I Bought
Reasonable Doubt: Volume 1 by Whitney G.
Walk of Shame by Lauren Layne
Fast Track by Julie Garwood
All Played Out by Cora Carmack
Honor’s Splendour by Julie Garwood
Heat Wave by Karina Halle
The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan
The Play Mate by Kendall Ryan
The House Mate by Kendall Ryan
Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas
Swinging at Love by Kendra C. Highley
Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught
What I Got for Review
Wired by Julie Garwood
How to Change a Life by Stacey Ballis
Eye Candy by Jessica Lemmon
Black Tie Optional by Ann Marie Walker
The Day of the Duchess by Sarah MacLean
What I Loved
This salad is the bomb and I love the hell out of it.
Yum. That salad looks good!
What an eventful month. You also read some books that I would like to read (eventually). That new Lauren Layne looks good. 🙂
Have a great May!
That salad is the best, you must try it out! Wait…do you guys have El Pollo Loco’s in Canada? As you can see, I have never been to Canada. 🙂
Yes, it’s been an eventful month but it’s also been a fun one. Too bad my reading has sucked so hard. Gah. I thought May would be better but so far? Not so much. Send help! Ha.