August was for hanging out with my best friend Theresa and exercising and we went to our very first City of Los Angeles event and had a blast doing what we do best…eat. We went to the Los Angeles Taco Festival near Downtown L.A. and even though I only ate one taco, it was a damn good taco and I’ve been craving more of it ever since. Now if only we can find where that taco place is. Ha. I also joined a new online book club that I’m enjoying the heck out of so big ups to Nick and Renee for brainstorming that to life. 🙂
What I Read
1. The Deal (Off Campus #1) by Elle Kennedy (re-read) (eBook) | 5 out of 5
2. Dying to Please by Linda Howard (re-read) (eBook) | 4 out of 5
3. Midnight Rainbow (Rescues #1) by Linda Howard (eBook) | 4 out of 5
4. Forget You, Ethan by Whitney G (eARC) | 3.75 out of 5
5. The Chase (Briar U #1) by Elle Kennedy (eBook) | 4 out of 5
6. Grumpy Fake Boyfriend (Kwan Sisters #1) by Jackie Lau (eBook) | DNF
7. The Other Side of Lost by Jessi Kirby (eARC) | 4.25 out of 5
8. Down with Love (Laws of Attraction #1) by Kate Meader (eARC) | 3.25 out of 5
9. Diamond Fire (Hidden Legacy #3.5) by Ilona Andrews (eARC) | 4.25 out of 5
10. When a Duke Loves a Woman (Sins of All Season #2) by Lorraine Heath (eARC) | 4.5 out of 5
11. Two Weeks Notice by Whitney G (eBook) | 3.25 out of 5
12. All the Way (Romancing Manhattan #1) by Kristen Proby (eARC) | 2.5 out of 5
13. Under Control (Boston Fire #5) by Shannon Stacey (eARC) | 4 out of 5
14. Castles (Crown’s Spies #4) by Julie Garwood (re-read) (eBook) | 4.75 out of 5
15. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon (audiobook) | 4 out of 5
16. The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke #2) by Tessa Dare (eARC) | 4.75 out of 5
17. Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely (audiobook) | 4.25 out of 5
18. The Breakup (Jordan Brothers #2) by Erin McCarthy (eARC) | 3 out of 5
19. In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy #1) by Maya Banks (eBook) | 4 out of 5
20. Kulti by Mariana Zapata (audiobook) | 4.25 out of 5
21. Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren (eARC) | 5 out of 5
22. Getting Schooled by Emma Chase (audiobook)
23. Hot Winter Nights (Heartbreaker Bay #6) by Jill Shalvis (eARC) | 3.75 out of 5
I read 23 books in the entire month of July. That includes audiobooks, re-reads and books that I’ve been meaning to read but never got around to. I think this is the most that I’ve read in a month EVER and man, that makes me happy. I’m shooting for more of the same in September so wish me luck! 🙂
My most anticipated book was a book that doesn’t come out until November but I got it for review now and couldn’t stop myself from reading immediately and that was Diamond Fire by Ilona Andrews. It was a fabulous read and introduction into Catalina as a narrator and I cannot wait for more from her.
My favorite book of the month probably goes to Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren, The Governess Game by Tessa Dare, and When a Duke Loves a Woman by Lorraine Heath. All books were review books and I loved them all.
My least favorite book of the month is the book that I DNF’d. Mr. Grumpy Fake Boyfriend by Jackie Lau. I didn’t connect with anything or anyone so I let it go. It wasn’t for me.
1. The Meg (2018) | 4 out of 5
2. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018) | 4.25 out of 5
3. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018) | 4.25 out of 5
4. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018) | 4.25 out of 5
What I Watched on TV
Sharp Objects is a show that I wanted to watch as soon as I found out that Chris Messina was in it. Too bad the show was too weird for me to get past the third episode so I quit it. I’m still watching Suits and surprised at how much I’m enjoying it. I’m even loving the new additions to the show. Good stuff. I’m also watching Take Two and enjoying that still even though it’s pretty cheesy. I really like Rachel Bilson so I’m mainly watching it for her.
What I Listened To
What I Loved
Just like July, what I loved the most in August was having this guy around…
There you go folks, the month of August in my life. How did your August treat you? Read anything good? Do anything fun? Share in the comments!