Each month, I put together this post so that I can keep tabs on my reading month. I’ve got lots of books that I need to read, challenges that I’m participating in and putting this post together keeps me focused on how I’m doing in those challenges and in my reading goals as a whole. I also keep tabs on books that I get for review and books that I purchase each year.
Welcome to my monthly recap of the month that was March 2019.
What I Did
March was the month that I fell behind on everything from books to blogs to life. I just wasn’t in the mood for much but hanging with my favorite Caiden in Utah.
We celebrated Brenna’s birthday. She turned 20 and she got a brand-spanking new car. It’s been a month since she got her car and she’s very comfortable driving now but her excitement for the new car has worn off because she drives everyone, everywhere and she’s low key over that.
I attended a couple of Bachelor Nights with Bren and her basketball squad but I didn’t get all into The Bachelor as they did. Mostly, I went to Bachelor Night to eat their food. LOL. Basketball season officially ended and I took Lukey to his end of the year basketball banquet and it’s funny to see the parents and even coaches talk to me like I’m Luke’s Mom. Sure, Luke’s Mom is my sister but she’s white with blue eyes. I’m brown with brown eyes.
Then I went to Utah for a week to hang with Caiden while his Mom started her in office training at her new job. Caiden turned 2 while I was in Utah and the picture on the right is from his birthday dinner with the fam. How cute is he?
Now…on to the books.
Monthly Book Stats
Books Read: 13 | Books DNF’d: 0
Books Purchased: 4 | Books Received for Review: 4 | Reviews Posted: 8
Highest Grade: 4.5 out of 5 | Lowest Grade: 3 out of 5
What I Read
1. The Dating Game by Kiley Roache (eARC) | 3.25 out of 5
2. Eyes on Me by Rachel Harris (eARC) | 4 out of 5
3. Team Player by Julianna Keyes (eARC) | 4 out of 5
4. Overnight Sensation (Brooklyn Bruisers #5) by Sarina Bowen (eBook) | 4.5 out of 5
5. Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews (eBook) | 3 out of 5
6. Repeat by Kylie Scott (Audiobook) | 4 out of 5
7. Getting Lucky Number Seven (Taking Shots #1) by Cindi Madsen (Audiobook) | 4 out of 5
8. Anatomy of a Player (Taking Shots #2) by Cindi Madsen (Audiobook) | 3.25 out of 5
9. Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton (eBook) | 4 out of 5
10. The Right Swipe (Modern Dating #1) by Alisha Rai (eARC) | 3.5 out of 5
11. When We Left Cuba by Chanel Cleeton (eARC) | 4.25 out of 5
12. You’d be Mine by Erin Hahn (eARC) | 4 out of 5
13. Extra Credit by Sarina Bowen (eBook) | 4.25 out of 5
My favorite read of the month is probably Overnight Sensation by Sarina Bowen. It’s my kind of romance. The kind of romance that I gravitate toward all the time. I enjoyed a bunch of other stuff over the course of the month but Jason and Heidi really rocked my socks.
My least favorite read goes to Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews. I spent too much of that book bored but I am looking forward to continuing the series though so that’s something.
Who doesn’t love a good wrap up post? You seem to have had a couple of birthdays. Caiden is just the cutest! How adorable is he? And you got Rafe? I really want to read that so I hope you read sometime soon and review so you can convince me either to buy or save some money.
I love wrap up posts, they’re some of my favorite posts. Weekly or monthly, I’m so here for these kinds of posts. Thanks, I adore that little boy and think he’s the cutest little boy.
I did get Rafe, I’m hearing loads of great things about it on Twitter so I need to know what’s going on.