This month was the month that I think kickstarted my actual reading. I haven’t really been happy with the amount of books that I’ve been reading each month so far but the end of June, my reading amped up and I’m hoping against all hope that it continues into this month and all of the other months left in 2019. Here’s what my reading looked like in June.
Monthly Book Stats
Books Read: 10 | Books DNF’d: 2
Books Purchased: 10 | Books Received for Review: 5 | Reviews Posted: 8
Highest Grade: Superfan by Sarina Bowen | Lowest Grade: The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez
What I Read
1. If It Makes You Happy by Claire Kann (eARC) | DNF, 2 out of 5 of what I did read
2. The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen (eARC) | 4 out of 5
3. Natalie Tan’s Book of Luck and Fortune by Roselle Lim (eARC) | 3 out of 5
4. The Perfect Date by Evelyn Lozada (eARC) | DNF, 2 out of 5 of what I did read
5. Superfan (Brooklyn Bruisers #6) by Sarina Bowen (eARC) | 4.25 out of 5
5. Waiting for Tom Hanks by Kerry Winfree (eARC) | 2 out of 5
7. Highland Deception by Meggan Connors (Kindle Unlimited) | 3 out of 5
8. The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez (eBook) | 1 out of 5
9. Call it What You Want by Brigid Kemmerer (eARC) | 3.75 out of 5
10. Night Broken (Mercy Thompson #8) by Patricia Briggs (eBook) | 3.75 out of 5
11. Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson #9) by Patricia Briggs (eBook) | 4 out of 5
12. Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson #10) by Patricia Briggs (eBook) | 4 out of 5
I DNF’d two books this month and I almost DNF’d two others. The other two books I almost DNF’d were books that I couldn’t DNF. I had to finish them and by the end, I wanted something very strong to drink because ugh, I didn’t like either of those books. You can take a guess at what those books were. Needless to say, those two are my least favorite books of the month.
My favorite read of the month goes to Superfan by Sarina Bowen. I enjoyed that one and was super glad to jump back into the Mercy Thompson world so that was another bright reading spot to an otherwise forgettable month of books.
I can’t wait to grab up Superfan….there is something about her hockey books that works for me in every way!! Glad to hear you had a great reading month and hope that reading drive keeps going strong for you. Hope you are well darling.
I hope you enjoyed Superfan if you read it. I did and couldn’t wait to get my hands on Bayer’s book. That one was good too!
Superfan was such a fun read. Now I’m excited to go back and read all the previous books in the series. I hope to pick up Call It What You Want very soon. I love Kemmerer’s contemporaries. And Bromance Book Club… that’s definitely on my summer TBR. 🙂
I adored Superfan so much. Did you ever pick up Call It What You Want? That one was good too.