The month of March came and went before I knew what was what. It brought about death and new life and lots and lots of great friends. All in all, it was a mostly good month though my heart goes out to my friend.
What I Did
Started going on hikes: I started walking with my sisters after dinner each night and hiking with my co workers this month and I’m really liking both. I want to keep up with that even though things are probably going to get a lot busier for me in the coming months with all of Brenna’s senior activity and then graduation coming up. I’m going to be busy making a lot of candy leis too. Gah. Still, walking has become a daily part of my life and I want to keep that up.
Brenna Turned 18: We had a small birthday celebration for my kid turning 18 last month and that was fun. My brother bought dinner, I made a cake and a whole lot of kids showed up so I had to make another cake and we all ate, drank and were merry. In few short months, she will graduate from high school and I’m low key not ready for all of that.
Basketball Ended: The one thing that I was ready for was the end of basketball. I couldn’t stand Bren’s coach, I hated how mad I would get during games, after the games, during the week when Brenna would come home and catch me up on practices, what her coach would say to her and her coach is real brave when talking to minors who are scared of her.
Chloe had a baby!: Last year, my niece Chloe got married and her wedding was the most beautiful wedding that I’ve ever been to. My family still gets compliments about her wedding and all of the hard work that we put into it. Well, home girl works fast because she got knocked up not too long after her wedding and she had a beautiful and healthy baby boy named Caiden.
My first Strip Club Outing: I hung out with some old friends that I haven’t seen in a long ass time. The two friends that I used to get in trouble with all the time my freshman year in high school so it was not a surprise to anyone else that they took me to my first strip club. It sure was memorable. My stripper was a black young woman named Mulan and she spun real fast around the pole while completely trashed. That takes some serious skill.
What I Watched on TV
Taken: I glommed the first four episodes of this show and am definitely hooked. I need more episodes of this show pronto. Rollo (from Vikings) has won me over completely in this show.
Big Little Lies: Ames and Greg were talking about this show and they’re really the ones that brought this show to my attention. I watched the first two episodes with Ames and was drawn into the world of crazy Kindergarten parents and just everything. I’m definitely going to be watching more. Reese Witherspoon is the best!
Chicago Justice: I’m a huge fan of all of the Chicago shows and it’s no different with this show. I’m really enjoying the cases and getting to know the characters. I already love the hell out of Peter Stone. I can’t wait for more from these guys.
What Movies I Watched
1. The Edge of Seventeen (2017) | 2.5 out of 5
2. Love by the 10th Date (2017) | 2.5 out of 5
3. Beauty and the Beast (2017) | 5 out of 5
4. Logan (2017) | 4.5 out of 5
What I Read
1. Havoc (Mayhem #4) by Jamie Shaw | 4 out of 5
2. Off the Ice (Juniper Falls #1) by Julie Cross | 3.75 out of 5
3. When the Marquess Falls (Hellions of Havisham #3.5) by Lorraine Heath | 3.75 out of 5
4. Isn’t She Lovely (Redemption #0.5) by Lauren Layne | 4.5 out of 5
5. Broken (Redemption #1) by Lauren Layne | 4 out of 5
6. Crushed (Redemption #2) by Lauren Layne | 4.25 out of 5
7. Cold Hearted Rake (Ravenels #1) by Lisa Kleypas | 4 out of 5
8. Marrying Winterborne (Ravenels #2) by Lisa Kleypas | 3.75 out of 5
9. Devil in Spring (Ravenels #3) by Lisa Kleypas | 4.25 out of 5
10. Love in the Afternoon (Hathaways #5) by Lisa Kleypas (re-read) | 4.5 out of 5
11. How the Duke was Won (Disgraceful Dukes #1) by Lenora Bell | 3.75 out of 5
12. If I Only Had a Duke (Disgraceful Dukes #2) by Lenora Bell | 4.5 out of 5
13. Blame it on the Duke (Disgraceful Dukes #3) by Lenora Bell | 4 out of 5
14. Midnight Target (Killer Instincts #8) by Elle Kennedy | 4 out of 5
15. Walk of Shame (Love Unexpectedly #4) by Lauren Layne | 4.25 out of 5
16. Pipe Dreams (Brooklyn Bruisers #3) by Sarina Bowen | 4.25 out of 5
17. Frisk Me (New York’s Finest #1) by Lauren Layne | DNF
18. Overruled (Legal Briefs #1) by Emma Chase (re-read) | 1 out of 5
19. Appealed (Legal Briefs #3) by Emma Chase (re-read) | 4 out of 5
20. Charmed Thirds (Jessica Darling #3) by Megan McCafferty | DNF
What I Reviewed
Sustained by Emma Chase | 5 out of 5
Buddy Review with Holly – Archangel’s Kiss by Nalini Singh | 3.75 out of 5
When the Marquess Falls by Lorraine Heath | 4 out of 5
Havoc by Jamie Shaw | 4 out of 5
Buddy Review with Ames – Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas | 3.75 out of 5
Retro Review: Mr. Cavendish, I Presume by Julia Quinn | 4 out of 5
What I Bought/Was Gifted
What I Got for Review
What I Loved
Seeing and hanging out with old friends. At my friend Foti’s Dad’s funeral, I ran into so many of my childhood friends and we hung out, laughed the night away and reminisced about the good ol’ days. From ditching Sunday School and walking to 7-11 to having a ditching party at my sister’s house our freshman year in high school (and getting her to buy us pizza without knowing that so many people were going to come over after she went back to work, ha!) and just being little bad ass kids, we had the best childhood. We’re planning to stay in touch and I sincerely hope that we do because I have the best memories with these guys.
There you have it…the month that was March in my life. How was your month of March? Read anything good? Bad? Share with the class!