Tag: Monthly Recap
I kept meaning to start this up at the beginning of the year but obviously that didn’t happen but better late than never right? I’ll just jump into it now. I’m going to take a page out of a blog that I like So Obsessed With and just kind of bullet point my way through last month.
I actually went out and did stuff this month. Lots and lots of different stuff. April was a busy month for me but it was also a really fun month too.
1. Sammy J concert with the girls: I went to an island reggae concert that featured Sammy J from New Zealand or Australia (one of those) and Tenelle and The Late Onez from Southern California. I scream sang along to every single one of Sammy J’s songs and I fangirled all over him too. I wasn’t the only one either. Hanah did her fair share of scream singing and fangirling. She almost lost her voice too. Mulu was too scared to lose her beautiful Cleopatra looking headpiece so she just swayed to all of the music. Ha!
2. My first visit to The Ripped Bodice: My book pals Holly, Tracy and Kat came to town for lunch, book talk and a trip to The Ripped Bodice. The Ripped Bodice is a new bookstore in Culver City that is actually the only all romance bookstore in the nation. We got to see cardboard cut out Fabio, talk books in the prettiest bookstore I’ve ever been in and talk shop with the owners of the store. It was a great bookish outing. I loved it and plan to take all of my friends back.
3. Chloe’s Bridal Shower: The family came into town for our annual Relay for Life (Team RJ!) and while we had everyone here, we threw a bridal shower for Chloe since she’s getting married next month! Blanche overhauled the backyard, cleaned the house from top to bottom and we were all given jobs as far as food went. The turn out was good, the food was fantastic and the setting was beautiful. Lots and lots of fun!
I’m not much of a movie watcher. I watch TV shows and I read books but even with my TV shows, I’m losing interest and giving up on a lot but the shows that I’m still watching religiously are…
1. Chicago Fire: Every week this show finds a new way to make my heart hurt. The latest episode of this show with the detective and JJ and Kelly Severide and just everything. Love! I’m also low key shipping Jeremy Gilbert (sorry Borrelli, you’ll always be a Gilbert to me) and Sylvie Brett which is surprising since I wanted Brett to end up with Severide. *shrugs*
2. Chicago PD: I’m so here for Linstead. Every week, all the time. I’m also low key interested in where they take Burzek/Burman (is that Roman and Burgess’ ship name?) storyline because wow. Poor Adam. I’m all about the ships!
3. Chicago Med: I’m so here for Manstead. I’m also kind of low key shipping either Rhodes and Maggie then Choi and Reese. Loving all of the different shipping potentials but on top of that stuff, I really love each case that these guys work on. Even when I want to punch Will in the balls because he’s so “I know best” attitudey, I still love it. The whole show. Love!
4. Vampire Diaries: Season 7 hasn’t really panned out the way that I wanted it to but now that everything is coming together, it’s interesting but all of my ships are out of whack and I need that shit to be fixed, like pronto! Steroline! Bamon! Fix this please!
1. Sammy J: Leading up to the concert and then after the concert, I listened to all things Sammy J. From Waiting to Hey to Leaving Me to Don’t Say Goodbye, I listened to it all. All month long. Brenna got tired of him real quick.
2. All I Ask by Adele: For the past couple of months I’ve been listening to this song a lot. I just love it so much. Like a whole lot of much.
3. She Caught the Train by UB40: Toward the end of April, I went on a UB40 kick. Talk about throwback. I love these guys!
1. The Natural History of Us (Fine Art of Pretending #2) by Rachel Harris | 3.75 out of 5
2. Paper Princess (The Royals #1) by Erin Watt | 4 out of 5
3. Branded by Fire (Psy-Changelings #6) by Nalini Singh | 4.5 out of 5
4. Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changelings #7) by Nalini Singh | 3.5 out of 5
5. Own the Wind (Chaos #1) by Kristen Ashley (re-read) | 3.75 out of 5
6. Summer of Sloane by Erin L. Schneider | 3.5 out of 5
7. Sidebarred (Legal Briefs #3.5) by Emma Chase | 4.75 out of 5
8. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson | 3.75 out of 5
Branded by Fire (Psy-Changelings #6) by Nalini Singh
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata
The Natural History of Us (Fine Art of Pretending #2) by Rachel Harris
Once & Always (Sequels #1) by Judith McNaught
The Earl Takes All (Hellions of Havisham #2) by Lorraine Heath
Paper Princess (Royals #1) by Erin Watt
The Forbidden Temptation by Anne Mather
All Chained Up (Devils Rock #1) by Sophie Jordan
The Trouble with Love (Sex, Love & Stilettos #4) by Lauren Layne
Nobody But You (Cedar Ridge #3) by Jill Shalvis
Just One Night (Sex, Love & Stilettos #3) by Lauren Layne
Love the One You’re With (Sex, Love & Stilettos #2) by Lauren Layne
After the Kiss (Sex, Love & Stilettos #1) by Lauren Layne
Undecided by Juliana Keyes
Holy cow that’s a lot of books to acquire in a month but I’m more than up for the challenge of reading them all eventually. Lots and lots of good stuff in that madness too. I love books!
Piano Tiles 2: This damn app has taken over my life. I’m not even that good but I play every chance that I get. I once stayed up until 2am just trying to get more songs to play. I love this shit!