Personally, I’m so glad that May is behind me. It started off great but then it kind of went downhill for me. Some big ass truck hit me on my way into the office and then I suffered from a reading slump and I just wasn’t in the mood for much. My nephew RJ came into town for Memorial Day weekend and that was a lot of fun and now it’s June. Woot! Summer is close.
What I Did
Road Trip to Utah: May started off with a road trip to Utah for Baby Caiden’s blessing. As a family, we set off on Thursday and returned home on Monday. It was nice to get away from home for a little bit and just relax with the family. We met Chance’s girlfriend Emily and hung out with Chloe and Markus and had a fun weekend away.
RJ came to California: May ended with a visit from my nephew, RJ. RJ lives in Colorado but is attending BYU Idaho so he drove into town with his friends from school and we hung out with him over the long weekend. I love spending time with family and RJ is one of my favorites!
My Work Moved: Another reason I’m glad that May is behind me is because I spent a huge chunk of the month packing up my entire office by myself. That was not fun but we’re in our new space, everything is accounted for and I have set up the new office the way that I want to set it up so I’m happy about that. I also love that my boss built us an employee lounge, complete with couches and bean bags and we’re getting a TV so woo hoo!! We’re a social office and a lot like the staff on The Office (the US one) so the lounge is perfect for us! I seriously love my job when I’m not packing up everything. Ha!
What I Read
1. Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs | 4 out of 5
2. The Girl with the Make Believe Husband by Julia Quinn | 3.5 out of 5
3. Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett | 4 out of 5
4. Shadow Reaper by Christine Feehan | DNF
5. Second Chance Season by Liora Blake | 4 out of 5
6. Black Tie Optional by Ann Marie Walker | 3.25 out of 5
7. Revenge by Lexi Blake | 4.25 out of 5
Total Books Read: 7
Total Pages Read: 2,391
Highest Grade: 4.25
Lowest Grade: 3.25, DNF
Part of a Series: 6
3 Stars: 2
4 Stars: 4
Young Adult: 1
What I Reviewed
What I Bought
I only bought one book in the entire month of May. That should make my bank account happy. Ha!
What I Got for Review
Reading Challenge Updates
April and May have been terrible months for me, reading wise and it’s showing in my reading challenges. I’m on track for Goodreads but the others? Not so much. I really need to catch up this month and get back on track. Wish me luck!
What I Watched on TV
What Movies I Watched
1. Before I Fall (2017) | 4 out of 5
2. The Outcasts (2017) | 3.75 out of 5
3. Gifted (2017) | 5 out of 5
4. Table 19 (2017) | 3.5 out of 5
5. Date with Love (2016) | 3 out of 5
6. Summer of Dreams (2016) | 3 out of 5
7. Unleashing Mr. Darcy (2016) | 3.5 out of 5
8. Underworld: Blood Wars (2017) | 4.25 out of 5
9. The Perfect Catch (2017) | 4 out of 5
10. Love on Ice (2017) | 3.25 out of 5
11. Can’t Buy My Love (2017) | 3.5 out of 5
12. Love at First Bark (2017) | 2 out of 5
13. Before We Go (2014) | 3.5 out of 5
14. King Arthur (2017) | 4 out of 5
15. Lion (2016) | 4 out of 5
What I Listened To
Both of these songs got mad love on my Apple Music. I listened to them a lot all month long.
What I Loved
I spent a lot of time playing this game on my phone. It’s an old phone game that the kids used to play all the time but these days, I’m all by my lonesome playing it. I can’t stop playing though. I’m trying to get to 10K and I’m soooo close.
There goes my life in the month that was May. How did your month go? Do or see anything good? Read any great books? See any fabulous movies or watch any great TV Shows?