These are the couples you love, but they never got together in canon (canon meaning: what actually happened in the text). Or that did get together, but weren’t together in the end of the series. Or a couple you ship but it’s actually impossible for them to be together because they are from different worlds, franchises, etc. Let your shipper heart run wild. I know mine will.So…I’ve decided that I’m going to cheat this week and do TV Ships instead of Book Ships since I read romance and the ship is pretty set in stone in every book. Ha!
Tag: Vampire Diaries
Top 5 Wednesday was created by Lainey at Ginger Reads Lainey but is hosted by Sam at Thoughts on Tomes. You can read more about this meme on the Goodreads Group here. This weeks topic is: Favorite Non-Canon Ships
1. Bamon (Bonnie Bennett and Damon Salvatore) from Vampire Diaries.
It’s been a couple of seasons of me shipping these two. I haven’t been a fan of Elena’s in such a long time that I don’t remember what season it was that I stopped shipping her with either of the Salvatore brothers. It’s been that many seasons. These two started the series off hating each other’s guts. A few seasons ago, they still hated each other but they got stuck together and they learned to lean on each other to stave off loneliness and homesickness. They were protective of each other once they found the bad guy stuck in that Hell with them and in Season 6 when Bonnie sent Damon home without her, Damon was the only person back at home who never gave up on finding a way to get Bonnie back.
This hug in the gif above is the hug that cemented my love for these two. I want them to happen dammit but ugh, Damon’s one true love is supposed to be Elena so the odds of this happening are slim. Boo.
2. McKono (Steve McGarrett and Kono Kalakaua) from Hawaii 5-0.
I’ve never watched Hawaii 5-0 as it was going on. This is one of the few shows that I binge watch every summer. Ever since the first episode, I’ve wanted McKono to happen. Sure, I like Adam (Kono’s man) and I adore Catherine (Steve’s woman) but that doesn’t stop me from wanting my ship to have a chance.
I keep coming up with how they can come together and my latest thread is…something bad happens to Adam in jail, like..he dies and Steve wants to be there for Kono and with him grieving over Catherine’s shenanigans, they come together in grief and heartache but grow together in love. Haha, I need to cut it out. I don’t even care that Steve is Kono’s boss. That makes me want them together even more. My friend Grace (who got me on to this show) does not support my ship. Boo.
3. Sylveride (Sylvie Brett and Kelly Severide) from Chicago Fire.
We got a quick tease of these two in the early days of the show but they’ve gone away from them because Sylvie got with Cruise and Cruise and Severide are friends and well, bros and before hoes and all that. I wasn’t a fan of Cruise and Sylvie and I’m even bigger non-fan of Sylveride not getting their chance. They brought a new girl on to the show to be Severide’s love interest and I’m not a fan of that either. I hear that Sylvie is getting a new love cross-show love interest and while I’m curious about them, I still want her to end up with Severide. Plus, she was supposed to hook up with Jimmy and I guess that’s out too. Gah.
I don’t want a lot of things but I do want my ships to shine so make that happen, Chicago Fire writers. Pretty please. 🙂
4. Solijah (Sophie Devereaux and Elijah Mikaelson) from The Originals.
When The Originals first started, I wanted Sophie and Elijah to get together so stinkin’ bad. I have a thing when watching TV shows where I pair up the people that I want to get together and I wanted these two. The set up was perfect. When they first meet, they hate each other’s guts. They don’t trust each other and they were always trying to stay one step ahead of each other. I wanted their strong hate for each other to turn into a love that made Elijah forget about Haley, haha. The writers sure showed me, huh?
That ship didn’t even last a full season…and I’m still not over it. *sob*
5. Tom and Rachel (I don’t know their ship name) from The Last Ship.
Oh, Tom and Rachel. I was so invested in these two in my binge watch of The Last Ship. I was the freaking Captain of the Tom and Rachel Ship. I couldn’t watch the episodes fast enough because I needed more Tom and Rachel (and Danny and Kara) goodness. I didn’t even know how they would make a relationship with them work since he was married but that didn’t stop me from shipping them hard. Then there was no more wife and my hopes soared and then the season 3 finale happened and…I’m still not over any of it.
I haven’t recovered from the shock of what happened and the nail in my love coffin. Damn writers for playing with my emotions like that.
What ships do you support that are just…not going to happen or hasn’t happened yet and things aren’t looking good for them?
Fall is my favorite time of year and it’s not because the weather cools down, the leaves turn colors and football starts. Oh no, I live in Southern California so the weather is the same every damn day and we’re never going to get out of this damn drought because of it. We also just got a football team back so for a long time, I didn’t have a team to cheer for (I’m a hometown team supporter) so I didn’t watch football. Anyway, fall is my favorite because all of my TV shows come back from summer hiatus. I love TV shows. I watch a lot of them too and we get brand new episodes starting in the fall and I usually look like this when they all come back:
Here are the shows that I’m excited for (both old and new):
1. Vampire Diaries. I get a lot of crap for liking this show so I stopped talking about it but I’ve come to realize that I’m too damn old to lie about loving Vampire Diaries so I can’t wait for this one. This is the final season and I’m all kinds of sad about it but I’m ready for it. I hope Stefan and Caroline get that June wedding that Caroline is famous for saying in the PILOT of this show. I also hope we get some major Bamon episodes because while I love Enzo, my shippers heart wants to see Bonnie and Damon happen before the show ends.
2. Jane the Virgin. Every single female teenage member of my family is hooked on this show like I am. We’re all waiting anxiously for the new season to find out what happens next cause if you remember from the finale, something shocking happens and we want to know if Jane is going to die a freaking virgin because the poor girl just can’t get laid. Ha! While the majority of us are Team Rafael, there are two Team Michael girls and Team Rafael is trying really hard not to do happy dances while we point and laugh at Team Michael after the finale. Either way, we need to know what happens next so I’m excited for this show to return.
3. Teen Wolf. This is the final season of Teen Wolf and while I haven’t been watching this show as religiously as the other shows I watch, I’m going to watch the hell out of this season because MY SHIP IS FINALLY HAPPENING! Team Stydia!! The premise for this season sounds good too. Scott and Lydia: FIND STILES! DON’T FORGET STILES!
3. The Chicago Shows. Man these shows (yes, all of them) hits me with feels each and every single week and I love the marketing and promotion that the cast does for these shows. I love the whole One Chicago family and the best thing about it all is that all of the shows are fantastic. They’re each well written and the acting is superb. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens with Gabby and her adoption thing on Chicago Fire. I’m also looking forward to seeing Severide each week again and follow him around like a love sick schoolgirl. Ha! On Chicago PD, I’m looking forward to what develops with my ships Burzek and Linstead. I’m also hearing that there will be a cross show romance between Brett and Antonio Dawson so I’m excited for that. On Chicago Med, I’m looking forward to see some Manning goodness (I’m a sucker for my ships) and seeing some more Maggie. Love me some Maggie!
4. This is Us. Of all the new shows starting up this fall, the one that I’m most looking forward to is this one. I love Milo and Mandie Moore and the whole thing just looks so freaking good. I’m in.
5. Powerless. This one looks funny and I love super hero shows but this one looks refreshingly different from the other superhero stuff out there already. Also? DANNY PUDI!!
6. Chicago Justice. Yeah, yeah, I know I watch a lot of Chicago shows already but I don’t even give a damn because I’m ready for MORE Chicago goodness. Bring it on!
I could go on and on and on but I’ll stop here. What shows are you looking forward to returning and starting up this fall? Anything I should keep an eye out for?
One of the few shows that I still watch religiously is Chicago Fire. Actually, I watch all of the Chicago shows every week but Chicago Fire and Vampire Diaries are probably my favorites. When Jeremy Gilbert died all those seasons ago, I was devastated. Ask my sister Ingrid who thought I was the dumbest broad alive when I texted her all about how sad I was that Jeremy was gone from my Vampire Diaries. When I heard that Steven R. McQueen was joining the cast of Chicago Fire, I was quick to turn my frown upside down. Damn but Jeremy Gilbert looks good as a firefighter. He’s some serious eye candy and that is why he’s this week’s man candy. Until next week…enjoy!
In honor of Vampire Diaries being renewed for a season 8, Stefan Salvatore is this week’s Man Crush Monday because long live Mr. Hero Hair. 🙂
Now if we can get my Steroline ship back to this, I’d be one happy camper!